STILL REMAINING ON MY BUCKET LIST after almost 15 years is a yearlong photographic project named Dogs Walk By. It’s patiently been on hold waiting for all of the pieces to come together. I needed a retail shop, in a walking community, which had lots of well-loved dogs and also pet owners who would be willing to help me fulfill this project. When I saw the location in Charbonneau and met members of the community, I knew I had found my studio and gallery’s home.
IN DESCRIBING THIS PROJECT… my goal is to tell the dog’s story as he or she relates to the owner’s life. Each session will be as unique as the owner and dog. The dog being the feature, no human faces will be included. As with little children, dogs are spontaneous, carefree and sometimes unpredictable. All of these things add up to exactly what I love capturing on my studio’s large white background. While carrying a commercial feel, the personal storyline, which emerges during my initial conversation with the owner, will dominate. From each photo session I will choose one special image.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO BE PART OF DOGS WALK BY?
- Email the gallery to ask questions and/or set up your complimentary photo session. (see navigational bar above). Please include your phone number.
- I will give you a call. During our conversation I will provide a few questions to think over so I learn the important place your dog holds in your life.
- From those responses I will begin creating sketches of your dog’s story, to be told in front of my camera.
- The photo session, about a week later, will last up to an hour.
- My favorite photo illustration of your pet will appear online the week of your photo shoot, and in the gallery the first friday of the following month.
- Since this is a personal project, the photo session fee is waived.
- As a thank you, two weeks after the official gallery showing, you will receive the gallery print of your dog.
WHERE WILL I BE ABLE TO SEE THE PHOTOS FROM THIS PROJECT? Beside the physical gallery presentation, you will be able to keep up with the project online at this website, and on the gallery’s facebook and instagram pages.
ON THE FIRST FRIDAY OF THE MONTH, beginning June 3rd, the studio will turn into a gallery where the community can come and enjoy that month’s collection of images.
I’m most grateful for those of you who have taken such an interest in this project and look forward to working with you and others during this year.